BACKGROUND

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The "C" Word

Well, its has been awhile since I written in the blog (I am sorry...but nothing newsworthy to report)!

Until now that is!  Last Thursday around 11:23 pm my brother called (Which he NEVERS calls...it was a red flag for me.)  I know that Darla had a doctor appointment that day, so I knew it was about that.   Long story shorten...Brian told me that Darla has Leukemia (argh..that terrible "C" word)

Which got me thinking of what other words I would describe Darla this is what I came up with:
caring, calm, compassionate, courageous,  cheerfulness, creativeness (she is awesome with her daughters' birthday party theme) and confident.

Given my own health history, I have come to realization that all illness are a betrayals of our bodies.  Let me explain for a minute.   You are thinking that you are doing so well, and then something happens to you that make you realized that life is precious.  

I also realized how much I don't like illness (all illness: cancers, virus, dementia, and even the common cold and allergies) anything that has your own body fighting against yourself.  Then I realized that so does God!   In the garden, He created that men and women would be without sickness and illness.   Because of the fall came all the sickness and illness of the world.  The best part of the story is when we go to heaven, it will be a new garden (and the way God created)

Back to Darla, 
Darla with her darling daughters
 Clara (6)  and Wendy (4)

I went to visit her today in the hospital.  She did smile at me, and was thankful of the simple bracelet that I made for her.  Her face lit up when she saw her daughters.  She told us (Mom and Dad were there too) how she is doing.   She has a slight Pneumonia and was very happy that when lunch came that she told us that she was actually hungry and not eating for the sake of eating.   Which is very good news.

Please continue to pray for her.

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment