BACKGROUND

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Confessions of a Single Gal during the Outbreak

Just when you think that 2020 will be a good year. BAM! Coronavirus hits and the world stops (and panic and worry began to happen)  Normally it doesn't bother me to be alone.  But with this pandemic going on, it seems like the world is against me.  It is not my fault that I choose this life style, it was my choice.  And it is beginning to take it toil on me.  I am not able to be with my family, and it kills me.  

It is week 2, and this past Thursday I have pass my break point, and I burst in to tears not once but twice. I am a huger, and it is so painful not be able to hug my parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews.   Even now as I am writing this tears are pouring down my eyes.  I love doing Google Hangouts with my sister and her family, and my brother and his family.  But it actually makes my loneliness (and singleness) show.  





One thing that I am grateful for is my job.  I am such of a people person, and it helps me do a couple of things: 
  1. It helps my day go by faster
  2. It helps me to feel better (my loneliness goes away)
  3. I am happy when I am working
 It makes me so angry of what I am reading on Facebook.  Some of the people are complaining on how the people are driving them nuts.  They should be happy that they have someone to be with during this time.  There are some of other people that are worst then I am.  My residents are one of them.  They forget why their families cannot see them or visit it me.  It breaks my heart to see some of them cry in their rooms when their families mail them a letter or a card or after they have a phone call.  Now the government is saying that it is going to be longer than they thought to begin with.   

I am hoping that God will give me more of his strength and calmness for the rest of this period of the year 2020. 

No comments:

Post a Comment