BACKGROUND

Sunday, July 17, 2011

visions of sugar-plums.....


'Twas the night before Christmas,
when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring,
not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung
by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas
 soon would be there;
The children were nestled
all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums
danced in their heads;







Okay, I know that "visions of sugar-plums" are connected to Christmas.  However, this is how I was feeling last night,  because, tomorrow I am going to choose everything for my house.  Finalize, the paint colors, vinyl siding, entry door color and style, cabinets, flooring: laminate and tile, and everything else.


So, back to the story.  I was lying in bed and trying to visual my home.  And pictures of cabinets, knobs, color samples, laminate and tile samples was floating in my head.   It was interesting but I finally got the design in my head.  It will be an updated Arts and Crafts/Mission style.   Now when I am in my house,  I can finally picture it and it is awesome! 


Lets see, I have my kitchen appliances pick out.  I pick a black finish, because I like black for a finish, and also it doesn't show little fingerprints as much as stainless steal.  Many of the designers on HGTV says that it a good idea to have at least one black item in the room to ground the room.  


If I can find a small window bench for the living room and have a small bookcase on either side.  That would be wonderful!  The floor plan to the left is my process so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment