First, I know what you are thinking. "Is Laura a bit late for this?" Well, I am late about writing about this, but I had to get my thoughts and feelings correctly.
When that day started, it was just a normal day. I was getting ready to go to work, and walking up the stairs (in my childhood home), when Mom said that something is happening at the World Trade Center in NYC. I remember the bombings that happen there beforehand. When I got up and went into the addition, I saw Mom standing very still and just looking at the television. As I around the corner, I saw that horrified sight. I was just in a trance, and I was eating my cereal, I cannot remember what I had. When I went to work, everyone was talking about.
One of the residents, who had a memory problems and was a WWII vet said, "Those darn japes" As of Pearl Harbor. That got me thinking, about how evil the world has gotten too. People killing people. I sometimes wonder if God, the Father and Jesus are crying for the world that they created and love so much. I would, and sometimes I do. Like that day, in bed, at night
Ten years later, are we (the nation) safe now because of the masterminds are dead. Evil will always get more people to do its dirty work. There will always be criminals, killers and thieves, until that day when Jesus comes back.
Personal ten years later, I am no longer in Minnesota. My family has gotten bigger: Brad (Kelly's husband) and Darla (Brian's wife) joined the family and with the wonderful and cute additions of Max and Molly, and little Clara.
I was thinking about that other day, when I was 8 years old and in early elementary. I still remember that the teacher stop the lesson and let us watch the news. (that was never in the normal schedule) It was the Challenger disaster. Those children who were in early elementary, when 9/11 happen, what will they remember?
I will never forget! I will always be thankful of men and women in the police force, fire-fighters and the soldiers. Freedom is not Free!

No comments:
Post a Comment